When creating your organization’s vision, goals, values and policies to advance racial equity, diversity and inclusion, it can feel overwhelming to know where to start or what to prioritize.
One key area the W.K. Kellogg Foundation has focused on that impacts organizations at every level is human resources (HR). Based on the Kellogg Foundation’s own journey to advance racial equity, diversity and inclusion, the HR Toolkit for Racial Equity was created to offer lessons and recommendations for implementing racial equity strategies as part of a human resources function, including:
- Organizational standards, principles and approaches for racial equity
- Employee value proposition
- Employee resource groups
- Employee racial equity experiential learning opportunities
- Recruitment partner talking points for racial equity
- Racial equity interview questions
- Racial equity recruitment tracking mechanisms
- Racial equity performance indicators
- Reward and recognition mechanisms
- Survey questions for assessing diversity, racial equity and belonging
The HR Toolkit for Racial Equity complements the foundation’s “ONE Journey” publication, which shares the foundation’s larger racial equity, diversity and inclusion (REDI) efforts more fully.